Saturday, March 21, 2020

Zac Brown Band inspired


I like to see the sunrise
See the love in my woman's eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother's love

Again, out for a run and God was speaking to me through Zac Brown’s lyrics today. 
I like to see the sunrise-
How many times I have seen the sunrise and the sunset in my life. My favorite times are when I am near a large body of water.  Whether it is the ocean or a lake, it never disappoints.  Whenever I see this I think about how small and insignificant I really am in this great big universe. I am reminded of a couple of symbols when I find myself in this setting. The water reminds me of a life-giving source that I need every day. It cleans me, nourishes me, and keeps me alive.  It also is a symbol of my Baptism into the Catholic faith.  As I grow older, the faith becomes more important to me.  It also reminds me of the power of God.  Water can be calm, but it also can be violent. The sun provides me the light and, along with water, gives life to everything on this Earth. It is not a consequence that God is the light and water of our lives. He is the light we all try to enter into.

See the love in my woman's eyes- I was blessed when God chose my wife for me.  She truly is the best person I ever met in my life. I also tell people the good in me comes from her being in my life.   As men we sometimes forget to tell that special woman in your life how much you love her. I suggest we should do that many times every day. Through my wife’s eyes I surely see the reflection of God’s love for me.

Feel the touch of a precious child- The greatest events in my life were my wedding day and the birth of my three children. Each of them are so special and have many strengths and weaknesses. All are true gifts from God.  I sometimes lose my patience with them, but I make it a point to tell them I love them and God Bless every day. Many times, I do not like the choices they make, but I love them. I can never stop that feeling because God graces me with them.  As we were cleaning today and playing games last night, we were sharing memories of each of them. It was fun and should be done on a regular basis.

And know a mother's love- I know my mother loves me. It is hard because I have to take care of her business and health. She is in a nursing home with Alzheimer’s. She has a very gentle personality and has been through a lot in her lifetime, including raising me. She would freely give you anything to make you feel better.  We hardly ever did see eye to eye after I left the house around 17. She did the best she could given the situations we faced. I will always love her because she is the one God chose to be my mother.  Everything happens with God’s grace.  How do I know this? My mother favorite saint is Mary, and her favorite prayer is the Rosary. She was once in a boarding school named St. Mary.

Challenge- Tell your wife, children, and mother that you love them and share a good memory with them.  Be a light (Sunshine) today to them and nourish (Water) them with love.

God bless and Peace,
Dean  

No comments:

Post a Comment